Wednesday 22 December 2010

Work Do Part Two....

After accompanying Mr Life After Law to his work Christmas do, I ventured forth in the snow and ice earlier this week to meet my own former colleagues from the Firm and celebrate Christmas with them.  A rather smaller affair - the team rather than the Big Bash, but really lovely.

I realised that the standard Christmas menu must drive chefs mad; We The People obviously like what we know at Christmas. Basically seafood or pate, chicken, salmon or turkey, Christmas pudding or something with chocolate! I have to say, it was delicious.  

I met some new members of the team (who knew of my name, slightly worrying) and I was asked two of the Top Five Questions (what do you do -at the Firm? -answer "nothing" cue mildly amusing confusion, when are you coming back? - Gallic shrug). It was good to catch up.

I do feel lucky - I've managed to step through a new door of opportunity (the opportunity to do what feels like a lot more manual labour and not get paid) as full time mum, but the Firm haven't slammed their doors in my face - and whether or not I am ever ready to go back or they actually want or need me at that point, it is a great compliment that they haven't written me off (yet).  

Will 2011 hold a return to the Law? After the stresses of this term, I think it unlikely, but ask me in January when I've recovered a bit more!

Now, is it safe to let stir-crazy children trampoline in the snow................................??


No comments:

Post a Comment