Sunday 1 January 2012

Christmas spirit...

I LOVE Christmas!! I would coat myself in gingerbread syrup and roll in tinsel if I could! Fa la la la la, la la la la!! I grew up with wonderful festive feel good traditions - thanks to my I-just-don't-know-how-she-did-it-without-falling-down-from-exhaustion mum.

All through my childhood Christmas has been all about family, amazing food, and loving one another, and being too competetive at board games.

I love to hear about other people's Christmas traditions.  Like, does ANYONE else have lemon jelly to serve with their Christmas pudding? And does anyone else find that Boxing Day must include a baked ham?

I was lucky enough to be introduced to another family's Christmas traditions when I first met World's Best Husband's family - or as I shall them here, the Wonderful In-laws.  Wonderful-father-in-law being a vicar Christmas is all about celebrating the good news together with your Church family (and, admittedly, sherry).

So whatever your personal beliefs or traditions, I hope that this winter festival/celebration is a time when you can reflect on happy memories, and create some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment